1. THE EXORCIST (1974) The Devil Possesses Young Girl [Based on the great novel by William Peter Blatty.]
2. SALEM’S LOT—Miniseries (2004) Town Gets Taken Over By Vampires [Based on the great Stephen King novel.]
3. INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS (1956) A Doctor Returns to His Town to Find Mass Hysteria—People are Claiming Those Closest to Them Aren’t Really the “Real” People. [Based on the great novel by Jack Finney, a MUST read!]
4. ALIEN VS. PREDATOR (2004) Explorers Get Trapped in a Pyramid Below the North Pole—while Aliens and Predators Fight It Out. [The first Alien (1979) movie with Sigourney Weaver ties for 4th Place.]
5. DAWN OF THE DEAD (1978) Following an Out-Break of Zombies, Two SWAT Team Members, a Traffic Reporter and His Girlfriend, Seek Refuge in an Abandoned Shopping Mall. [Night of the Living Dead (1968) is the runner-up for 5th place.]
6. MR. FROST (1990) The Devil Kills a Bunch of People So He Can Get Locked Up in the Nuthouse and Wage War on Modern Psychiatry. [The Omen (1978) is the runner-up for 6th place.]
7. LET THE RIGHT ONE IN (2008) A Little Swedish Vampire Girl Helps a Little Swedish Boy Fight Off His Bullies.
8. THE MIST (2007) A Group of Townspeople Get Trapped in the Local Supermarket While a Cloud from Another Dimension Unleashes Insect-like Monsters on Them. The Most Depressing Movie-Ending Ever. [Based on a Stephen King short story.] [However, there were a number of ties for 8th place, including The Feast (2006), Cabin Fever (2002), Fiend Without A Face (1958), Day of the Triffids (1963), Invaders From Mars (1953), The Dead Zone (1983), and Them! (1954).
9. SERVANTS OF TWILIGHT (1991) A Mother and a Private Detective Try To Keep a Band of Religious Fanatics from Killing Her Son.
10. THE THING (1982) A Re-Make of Howard Hawks’s The Thing From Another World (1951). It follows the same plot: A bunch of arctic researchers discover a big round thing in the ice. They try to burn it out, but lose it. Instead, the passenger of the craft finds them and all Hell breaks loose. One by one they are picked off…