1. Over The Edge (1979) — Matt Dillon’s first movie about kids in some suburban California town that rebel against the cops is fantastic, though it didn’t really get much attention when it came out.
2. The Warriors (1979) — “Warriors, come out and plaa-aa-ay!”
3. The Wild One (1953) — Because no list in of punk movies is complete without it. Set the standard for all that followed. (Also, A Clockwork Orange, Taxi Driver, Repo Man and Nightmare Ally tie for third place, so just shut up.)
4. Sid and Nancy (1986) — Because it’s so fucking good! As Richard Hell said, “Chloe Webb is not portraying Nancy, she IS Nancy!” (God bless you Nancy, and thanks for letting us take showers at your apartment.)
5. Dont Look Back (1967) — Just for the drunken scene where Dylan blows away Donovan with the new song he’s been writing, “Baby Blue.” So great that they captured this moment on film!
6. River’s Edge (1986) — Crispin Glover’s best performance ever!
7. At Close Range (1986) — The best teen-robbery-gang movie ever made! Excellent performances by Sean Penn, Christopher Walken, Chris Penn, Crispin Glover, etc, etc…
8. American Hot Wax (1978) — Floyd Mutrux’s bright shinning moment.
9. Suburbia (1983) — Just because. Just go fuck yourself!
10. Dig (2004) — Don’t you just love to hate the characters in Brian’s Jonestown Massacre and the Dandy Warhol’s? Gillian does!